Tips for Choosing Caterers in the Tulsa Metro for Your Next Event
When you’re hosting a party, you have dozens of details to worry about. Food is generally high up on the list. Choosing a catering company can be quite daunting. There are probably hundreds of companies that offer catering in the Tulsa metro, from formal wedding meals to birthday party fun and desserts. One of the first things you need to do is to decide on your concept and a date.
Questions to Narrow the Choices
Once you know what type of party you’ll be hosting, you need to consider the venue. Many party venues only work with specific caterers, in which case you’ll have to decide from their list. We recommend having a date and venue before you speak to a catering company. The more specifics you can give to the caterer, the more likely you’ll be able to find a caterer who fits your needs.
When you start out calling catering companies, you should have a good idea about your budget, the size of the party and what kind of food you want. A sit-down wedding reception is much different than a party where you want passed hors d’oeuvres. You may want to think about whether you need tables, glassware, linens or staffing. Your event caterer can help you plan, source and enjoy your event by offering excellent food and service.
Interviewing Tulsa Caterers
Make a list of caterers you’re interested in. Ask your friends or colleagues for recommendations. You might even ask your favorite local restaurants if they offer catering services. Start calling the Tulsa catering companies and ask:
- Are you available on the date of the event?
- Can you handle my event? Some caterers may not be able to take on larger events, or they may not do smaller parties.
- Do you have any special needs? Maybe you want a special dish that isn’t part of the caterer’s menu or you have dietary requirements. Can the caterer meet those needs?
- Does the caterer have references?
- Work out the extra details, service, staffing alcoholic drinks, linens and other equipment.
- Get an estimate, preferably in writing. Ask about a breakdown of costs, from gratuities, service fees, food and beverage costs, rentals and any sales tax.
- Talk to the caterer about the contract, payment schedule and cancellation terms. Know the dates you have to make payments and give head counts.
- Do they provide a tasting? Some caterers charge extra for this service, but if you’re having a hard time narrowing down the menu, it can be beneficial.
Make Your Catered Event Special
Working with a great caterer lets you focus on your guests instead of worrying about the food. Birthday party caterers in Tulsa, such as Harper’s Hut Shaved Ice can let you enjoy the event instead of having to stay in the kitchen or at the grill making sure the food keeps coming out. Make your Tulsa event even more special by finding the right caterer that will make the food memorable.